Wednesday 11 July 2018

R12.2 Cloning Steps

Hey DBA-Mates,
Hope you all are rocking in APPS DBA because we DBAs always rock in case of work.. :D, just kidding.

Friends, when I searched in google almost people posted only for Apps tier cloning , what about DB tier which no one has mentioned. So, I thought let me cover that.

From long time, I was thinking for cloning as per real time scenario. But due to lack of time, I was not able to do so…

R12.2 CLONING STEPS:
Source: PROD
Target: TEST

1. Pre-requiste TASK AT PROD Instance PROD (Before Backup check space)
Please check the space for DB Backup, Conc Backup and App Backup as per your environment on server.

2. Preclone & Cold Backup on PROD Source                       
Prepare the source system database tier for cloning

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/PROD_hostname
$ perl adpreclone.pl dbTier

Prepare the Source System Application Tier for cloning
$ echo $FILE_EDITION  ==> Should return run

$ cd <INST_TOP>/admin/scripts
$ perl adpreclone.pl appsTier

Verification of adpreclone.pl done in all Tiers.
AT DBTier
Under cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone below 2 files should be latest timestamp:
ls -lrtd jlib
ls -lrtd data
Same as above data => stage , below 2 files should be with current timestamp.
ls -lrt adcrdb.zip
ls -lrt addbhomsrc.xml

At AP(MT)
Here, we check the clone directory under $COMMON_TOP and for more confirmation we can check below two files:
cd $COMMON_TOP/clone
ls -lrtd jlib
ls -lrtd appl

As of Release 12.2, the adpreclone.pl process on the Application Tier creates a complete compressed archive of the Oracle Fusion Middleware such as:
Oracle WebLogic Server home,
Oracle Web Tier Utilities home,
Oracle Common Utilities home and
The Oracle E-Business Suite home.

Now, Shutdown PROD Completely [ because we are using cold backup]

cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME
$./adstpall.sh

We need to take COLD Backup of PROD database and application RUN_BASE files system:

From DB Tier files need to be copied:

/u01/PROD/oradata/data
/u01/PROD/oradata/11.2.0 

From APPS Tier files need to be copied:

$RUN_BASE/EBSapps/appl
$RUN_BASE/EBSapps/comn
$RUN_BASE//EBSapps/10.1.2

Copy/Restore (unzip) to TEST by using cp command as per file structure and directory.
For Example:

$cp -R /u01/PROD/oradata/data /u01/TEST/oradata/data

Start the PROD Services because we don’t need.

3. Let’s start DB Clone:

Log on to the Target System as the ORACLE and Run the adcfgclone on the DBTier with dbTier option:

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/bin
$ perl adcfgclone.pl dbTier

After adcfgclone.pl at DB-TIER please check whether DB services and DB listener is up and running. Then Proceed to next step.
Check DB Status and Create Temp Tablespace(if Not exists).

select count(*) from v$datafile; ==> should match as source count

Select distinct status from v$datafile;
Output as below shown:
SYSTEM
ONLINE

select file_name , tablespace_name , bytes/1024/1024 from dba_temp_files;
Example to add:
ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE '/u01/TEST/oradata/data/temp01.dbf' SIZE 1100M REUSE AUTOEXTEND OFF;

Clean FND_NODES table
Connect apps/<passwd>
EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN;
commit;

Run Following command to close open mails:
sqlplus apps/appspwd

SQL>Update WF_NOTIFICATIONS set status = 'CLOSED', mail_status = 'SENT' where status = 'OPEN' and mail_status = 'MAIL';

Run autoconfig in DB tier and check whether the DB entry is updated in FND_NODES table.

$cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME
$adautocfg.sh

After Autoconfig runs successfull check following entry, it should not point to PROD :
sqlplus apps/appspwd
SQL> select node_name,support_db,last_update_date from fnd_nodes;

4. Application Tier Clone TEST

Run adcfgclone.pl on Apps Tier on "Run Edition File System".
Log on to the "Run Edition File System" in the Target System as the applmgr user:
$ cd <COMMON_TOP>/clone/bin
$ perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier

Start the application Tier using adstral.sh on RUN FILE System
cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME
adstrtall.sh apps/appspwd

Run adpreclone on TARGET(TEST) RUN FILESYSTEM
We have to run adpreclone.pl on the "Run Edition File System" in the Target System. [New in R12.2]

Note: We are not Running Autoconfig because adcfgclone.pl will run internally autoconfig.

On TARGET (TEST) RUN FILE System
$ cd <INST_TOP>/admin/scripts
$ perl adpreclone.pl appsTier

SHUTDOWN THE APPLICATION which is running on RUN FILESYSTEM
cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME
adstpal.sh apps/appspwd
Weblogic admin password:

COPY THE TARGET RUN FILESYSTEM to TARGET PATCH FILESYSTEM
Now, CONFIGURE TARGET PATCH FILESYSTEM

Run adcfgclone.pl on Apps Tier on "Patch Edition File System"
Log on to the "Patch Edition File System" in the Target System( as the APPLMGR user) and enter the following commands:

$ cd <COMMON_TOP>/clone/bin
$ perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier

Note-1: It will ask for Context file name, provide the fs1 (Run Fs) contetxt file name.
Note-2: Port will be different for Run and Patch FS.

Once completed: Startup the application tier services of  TEST

cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME
adstrtal.sh apps/password
Enter WLSADMIN password:

Once above all done successfully, please perform Sanity Check.[Here, I can provide your some points or steps very soon]

5. Post Clone steps:

Update profile options and FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS:

sqlplus apps/passwd
UPDATE FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS
SQL> update fnd_concurrent_requests set status_code='C', phase_code='C'  where phase_code='P';

Change Site level Profile option.

Execute the below sql for running programs.
a) Set Terminating or Running to Completed/Terminated
SQL>UPDATE fnd_concurrent_requests
SET phase_code = 'C', status_code = 'X'
WHERE status_code ='T'
OR phase_code = 'R'
/

b) Place Pending/(Normal/Standby) to On Hold
SQL>UPDATE fnd_concurrent_requests
SET hold_flag = 'Y'
WHERE phase_code = 'P'
AND status_code in ('Q','I')
/

Then check for Health check and sanity check. Login to front end and submit the request.

Some more useful links:
Please let us know for any suggestions either in comment box or contact us @https://ora-data.blogspot.com
Regards,

42 comments:

  1. Appreciate it for this post, I am a big fan of this website would like to
    go on updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Dear User,

      Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and words.

      Regards,
      ora-data Team

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the information.Please continue sharing the content proactively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Dear Subrahmanyam,

      Thank you for your feedback.
      Sure, we will share the contents.

      Regards,
      ora-data Team

      Delete
  3. When someone writes an paragraph he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her brain that
    how a user can know it. Thus that's why this post is
    great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear User,
      Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

      Regards,
      ora-data Team

      Delete
  4. I visited various blogs however the audio quality for audio songs present at this site is genuinely superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a
    great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice
    day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot but after cloning from prod to test environment , oracle apps is very slow, do you have any recommendation please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Dear Ahmed,

      Thank you for your feedback.
      For tuning apps we need to check the configurations details...
      In Apps where it is slow either forms side or back-end...

      Regards,
      ora-data Team

      Delete
  7. I appreciate to you for sharing with me it's very helpful for me thanks a lot for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, yes this paragraph is truly nice and I hace learned lot of things from it regarding blogging.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of
    the post I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely
    delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the struggle for the Iron Throne begins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this article fully regarding the comparison of latest and earlier technologies,
    it's awesome article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ԁo сonsider all the conceptys you'ѵe introduced fοr your post.
    Theу'гe νery convincing and can ϲertainly work.

    Ⲛonetheless, tһe posts аre too brief for newbies.
    Сould yoᥙ please prolong thеm а ⅼittle fгom next time?
    Thаnks foor thе post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am incessantly thought about this, regards for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got
    the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock
    Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm extremely inspired with your writing abilities as neatly as with the layout for your blog.
    Is that this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself?
    Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to look a nice weblog like this one today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest
    twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was
    hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I
    truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, yes this article is really fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, I've recently been looking for info approximately
    this subject for a long time and yours is the best I've
    came upon so far. But, what about the bottom line?
    Are you certain concerning the source?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for
    your weblog. You have some really great articles and I think I
    would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some
    of the load off, I'd really like to write some articles for your
    blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if
    interested. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn. This is an extremely well written article.

    I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read
    extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post.
    I'll definitely comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only wanna remark on few general things, The website pattern is perfect, the
    subject material is very good :D.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like this web blog it's a master piece! Glad
    I noticed this on google.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have brought up a very superb points, regards for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this article as well as from our discussion made
    here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of area .
    Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website.
    Reading this info So i am satisfied to convey that I've a very
    good uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I so much without a
    doubt will make sure to do not disregard this web
    site and give it a look on a continuing basis.

    ReplyDelete
  26. First-class article it is surely. My father has been waiting for
    this tips.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello.This post was really remarkable, particularly since I was investigating
    for thoughts on this topic last Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I needed to compose you a very small word to help say thank you as before
    on your wonderful methods you've featured here. This has been really seriously open-handed of you to present
    openly just what many of us could possibly have offered for sale for an e book to make some profit for themselves,
    specifically now that you could have tried it
    in the event you decided. The solutions also acted like the great way to realize that many people have the
    identical passion similar to my very own to realize a
    little more related to this problem. Certainly
    there are thousands of more fun moments up front for folks who see
    your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. hey there and thank you for your information - I've
    certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several
    technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to
    reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to
    load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is
    OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality
    score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding
    this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content.
    Ensure that you update this again soon..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rattling clean internet site, appreciate it for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent post.Never knew this, regards for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Howdy! This post couldn't be written much better!
    Going through this article reminds me of myy previous roommate!
    He contiinually kept talking about this. I most certainly will send this post to him.
    Fairly certain he's going to have a very good
    read. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay google is my king helped me to find this great internet site!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to ?return the favor?.I am attempting to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really great info can be found on weblog.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's awesome for me to have a web page, which is good designed for my know-how.
    thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
  37. What's up to every single one, it's genuinely a fastidious for me to go to see this website,
    it contains valuable Information.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Ur all article is very nice and usefull

    htttps://www.oracleappsdba.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. It's good to talk you.